To be nominated
Contact: click here
No document published, on-going exploratory work.
API (Application Programming Interface) are means for applications to talk to each other over internet. They are used internally by enterprises & exposed to partners and customers for facilitating efficiencies like trouble tickets, provisioning, ordering, services etc… But, the biggest advantage of APIs for CSP & enterprises are in creation of new products & services for new revenues.
Being a forum for service providers & enterprises, I3 forum can play a pivotal role in facilitating adoption amongst members for new API economy & related rapid acceleration of benefits.
Scope & objectives
- Focus on education, sharing of experience, dialogue between Carriers and Vendors
- Survey membership in order to understand where they are in the adoption of APIs, evaluate which actions can be proposed to encourage/facilitate adoption by the industry (similar to IP/PIX survey last year)
- Evangelize the utility of API in progressing Carriers & enterprises
- Industry Group reference point for API related plans and information exchange via support group
Mainly members of Product Development and/or IT Depts. with a deep knowledge of the API related business and/or technical impacts.
1) questionnaire for the survey
2) survey results & analysis
3) articulate how the i3forum work can play a pivotal role in facilitating adoption amongst members for APIs + focus on one specific use case(s)
Target date for completion
9 / 12 months